Win 1 of 4 places to represent Ireland in the Young Breeders’ Competition at the World Hereford Conference in New Zealand in March 2020 with the Irish Hereford Breed Society, in collaboration with Slaney Foods International and LIDL Ireland.
4 lucky young Hereford breeders will be selected to act as ambassadors for the Irish Hereford Breed and compete against young handlers from across the globe during the World Conference in New Zealand.
Henry Dudley, President of the Irish Hereford Breed Society said, “This is an invaluable opportunity for young Irish Hereford Breeders to attend the World Hereford Conference and compete against other Hereford breeders from around the world. The conference is a direct link to hundreds of Hereford breeders world-wide and will definitely be an unforgettable experience for the 4 winners of these travel bursaries.”
Interested candidates need to submit an EXPRESSION OF INTEREST APPLICATION FORM which can be obtained by contacting the Irish Hereford Breed Society on (044) 9348855 or by emailing email@example.com. This application form needs to be completed and returned by no later than Thursday 18th July, at 11:59 pm.
TO ENTER, YOU MUST BE:
- Aged 18 to 30 years by 1st March 2020.
- A paid up IHBS member or immediate family member of same.
- Keen to learn and have a sense of professionalism.
The 10 qualifiers to go ahead to the next 4 stages of the competition, will be announced on: 23rd July 2019.
THESE QUALIFIERS WILL THEN BE REQUIRED TO:
- Attend an IHBS Show/Judging Workshop on the 27th/ 29th July 2019.
- Participate in a Stock Showing/Judging Competition.
- Create a short 3-5 minute presentation on the Hereford Breed.
- Attend the National Ploughing Championships on the 18th September where all candidates will be interviewed and the final 4 winners will be announced.
More information and all Terms and Conditions can be found on the Irish Hereford Breed Society website – www.irishhereford.com or using #irishherefordbursary. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (044) 9348855.